Sunday, October 18, 2009

Long Runs & Heart Rates

I finally made it to running 3hours 3 minutes without stopping. Difference was a really carbo-laden dinner i prepared myself...


Aglio olio style - lots of olive oil, garlic and some pork cubes. I filled myself with a full packet of pasta and even after my run, i wasn't hungry (which isn't usually the case). I also took Yellow's advice and drink 500ml of isotonic drink. But i'm not sure if i drank a little too late, after 2hours of exercise.

But all in all, i'm contented i managed to run 3hours at a consistent stable pace. I'm hyped! Going to plan a 30km run next.

I also got myself a TIMEX Heart Rate Monitor. Awesome stuff. I haven't really played around with it, but i've monitored my heart rate for couple of 14km runs now. I've been able to hit like 150 bpm consistently. So..that's an OK zone right? Like 150bpm for 1hour20minutes?


I love tech and i love sports. This is the best of both worlds, baby! For noobs like me, i feel so pro. Hahaha!

Abrasion!!

Unfortunately, noobs like me don't wear the band properly and don't even have the cow sense to apply some vaseline. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment