Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hitting the wall...again

My 26km run last night was disastrous. After two hours and 35 minutes, i had to walk. Funny thing was that i felt like i paced myself well. After reaching Farmway LRT station, i felt really fresh and was pretty confident that i could make it all the way back without stopping. Wrong.

When i hit Serangoon MRT station, i felt hungry (yes! starving!) and thirsty. I took a quick detour into the MRT toilet and drank water from the public toilet. I must have scared the sh*t out of the commuters who had their evening ruined after a hard day at work, looking forward to the weekend, or party-goers who were glamorously dressed to some disco/pub. Darn.

(Aside: Funny how certain things that happen during the day give me the emotional-motivation to do all these runs. Sadly, none of them are happy. I channel all the stress at work, all the bad thoughts and i expire each and every one of them when i run. Yesterday's run was no different. I thought long and hard about what happened and realised that if i caused someone so much frustration and annoyance, then shouldn't i just back away? I mean, if i'm not wanted, then even as a friend, i would just disappear then. With that being said, it was during the run that i was thankful i know i have friends and company who really cared for me and yeah, though we argue sometimes, friends are people who go through thick and thin with you. So, i know when i'm not wanted. I'll gladly back off)

I admit, i didn't give my body enough fuel to do a long run. Guess i gotta consult my dietician again. But i was also wondering if i should continue to "punish" my body - my starving it, i am making it adjusted to work longer on less energy, so when i do load properly, i should be better, no?

So anyway, after last night. I thought, hey.. i deserve some crap. So this morning i had not one but TWO iced milk coffees. And for lunch...wait for it...wait for it...

"Ke Ai Ji" - Ain't that one "Cute" bird??

I ate one whole bird. plus fries man. Sheesh.

Damn, check out that grin. What a smuck.

Oh and for dinner? What else but my double cheeseburger upsized meal. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment