Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes...

I came, I saw, I conquered. Maybe not so dramatic. But i am fairly pleased to say that i managed to swim, run and cycle today!

Swam my usual 2.5k after work. It was was an awesome swim. Perfect weather to boot, and i am quite sure i'll be sunburnt in the morning. (My arms look lobster-red).

Did an evenly-paced 10k run in the evening. I'm feeling the benefits of doing static station and interval training. Keeping a consistent pace was a breeze to say the least. I'm very sure i can complete the Olympic distance in 4 weeks, but of course, doing a good timing would be another matter altogether. 

The tricky thing about it being my first Olympic distance is my lack of confidence in deciding what my pace should be, or how much i should push? Should i remain conservative? Or risk burning out? I guess that's why athletes need coaches. 

Anyway, after the run, i'll be honest to say that i was tempted to rest. Well, i guess that's why i'm glad that i managed to push on and went to my usual riding route to do an hours' ride. Err.. i gave my legs a lactic bath. I could have believed my legs were filled with lead.



Overall, an awesome day of training!..

... and now i'm paying the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment