Sunday, June 19, 2011

So what's next

So it's been a fairly good 3 weeks.. did (mostly) what i set myself out to do. Was really tied down with work and i couldn't help but feel i neglected some time with my friends.

Work is going to take a huge change - Frankly, i didn't think i had a choice in it and given that the new post would start on Tuesday, i guess my bosses couldn't say 'no' to the client right? Well, since this 4 month stint is already in place, i guess i'll take it in my stride and make the best of this opportunity.

Thing is i've gotta make training work. I've got my sights set on OSIM triathlon in July, Army Half Marathon in Sept and of course the StanChart Marathon in Dec.

Speaking of which, 3 weeks and i find myself struggling with the normal 12km yesterday. Perhaps i was just tired out but i couldn't help to think that all the long runs did sh*t for me. Felt really demoralised, i overate this weekend and it certainly didn't make me feel better.

Sometimes, the news at work, the lows in training and the fact that i've given so much/sacrificed alot for all this with no returns just makes me feel so stupid and just wanna throw in the towel.



But i'm not weak. Maybe i won't see the results just yet. Or maybe i need to rethink what i'm doing wrong. Even if the work situation is proving to be a difficulty, there's always a way. I gotta keep my chin up and face it like a man...like the athlete that i set myself out to be, like the athlete i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment