Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quickie

5 days into June, so far so good. Training has been up, i've done regular 22 -26km runs. Unfortunately the latest one on Friday night really killed the knee, i actually walked back for a good 10km home. Yikes..

I read that runner's knee is due mostly to uneven development of the quad and hamstring muscle. Guess i should do more strengthening for my hamstrings!

Anyway, it was a really depressing walk home from ECP that night. But that's when i remembered when i crashed on my living room floor, the afternoon i got home from my first Olympic tri.. and she was there to put a ice towel on my head and stood by to take care of me even when i just K.O-ed from utter fatigue.

Hmm, i really missed that. Guess it was one of the things i took for granted - as i pursue my goals, it's really nice to have someone to support you that way.

Well, time to suck it up and recover quick cos i got more long(er) runs, swims and rides to do in prep for July 31!

No comments:

Post a Comment