Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Any other changes?

I’m not a professional athlete. I’ve come to terms that I will never be. Injury, age, time and potential have all passed me by. But that doesn’t mean I am not committed to the sport. Neither am I just there for the fun. I still want to better my time and never stop improving.

In the process of doing so, I’m giving up on a lot of other indulgences. And even though there are no tangible returns, at least not the money, fame and glory the pro athletes get in return, I am just riding on pure pleasure.

It’s funny how the past 3 years have undoubtedly defined who I am. I never thought I would do/say the things I did and picked up a sport that I absolutely am addicted to.

And now that I see myself not changing (in terms of character and personality) anymore, I can safely say this is who I’ve become and I’m finally grounded on my beliefs, goals and desires.

I may never win a world championship. And that isn’t my motivation. I just love what I’m doing and will keep on doing it. That’s who I am and will always be.

Do you know who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment