Monday, April 18, 2011

The Breakdown

So the target is a 2:35 timing for 31 July 2011. Surely, that must be a very realistic target considering that I’ve hit a 2:46 last year. I believe 2:35 is a very conservative time and if all things go smoothly, I might do even better. Referring to last year’s rankings and timing, a 2:35 timing will put me in a top 20 spot. My swim is comparable with some of the top finishers, my run time is not too far away and I should see improvements with the training that is to come but the bike leg is the obvious spoiler.

Yes I admit I haven’t been on Felicia for a decent amount of time, let alone be race-ready. But I hope to change that during the last 2 months leading up to the big race. It’s a no-brainer that in a triathlon, the longest distance and time-spent on the race is on the bike. I need to put in SOME effort into the bike.


So here’s my ‘realistic’ breakdown for 31 July,

1.5k swim – 0:25 (-2mins)

40k bike – 1:18 (-5mins)

10k run – 0:52 (-3mins)
TOTAL – 2:35

It may look easy, like it’s just a couple of minutes, but in a quick environment, especially on the bike, one second can actually cover quite a distance. I still believe it’s a realistic target to achieve but it’s definitely not a walk in the park, literally. Focus, focus, focus. 2:35, top 20 position.

No comments:

Post a Comment