Wednesday, December 1, 2010

grumpy...

3 days to to race day and i've finally gotten down to planning the logistics. It sucks.



Consider the fact that you'll not only be on your feet for the next 5hours, you'll be running. And in my case, with a really bad knee. So you'll definitely want to plan well and get to the race and home safely, easily and in one piece.
It's going to be a challenge this year.

I'm not spoilt, i have done the marathon all by myself, without any support, before. But the biggest curveball here is that the start and finish line aren't at the same place. Let me lay it out for you.

Driving there? It won't help much because start and end are at different locations. Yes, there are shuttle buses to get you back to the start but with 2,000+ runners? Good luck with waiting.

I drove last year and at least i could dump my belongings in the car and just carry the carkeys. Since i'm not driving, where am i to put my barang barang? There are bag collection points. But once again, consider the crowds. Plus, the fact that the 42km baggage collection point will be at the F1 building; quite a distance from the finish line.

All that, and the fact that you just completed 42km?

Oh gawd... i might as well crawl my way home.


[ok, that was a really grumpy post. but don't worry, the writer is fine. He is looking forward to a long overdue break from work/technology; spending the final weeks of 2010 travelling!]

No comments:

Post a Comment