Thursday, December 9, 2010

Back from the Dead



Yes, i did drag my lazy ass out of bed to run my third marathon. In summary, i did 5:25 in 2008, 5:55 in 2009 and 5:56 in 2010.

I'm not too disappointed though. I managed to run at a good pace til 35km when i started the run/walk cycle. Glad that most of my training paid off, but there's still so much to be desired to get my body more prepared for a longer race.

I shall give my customary race report in time to come. For now, i'm just glad to be back from the dead. Fell really ill on Monday evening and took the next couple of days to fully recover. So yes, i'm back!

And i can't wait to get to running again!

*
I see some photos of friends who ran on Sunday.. whether it's the 10, 21 or 42.. i feel inspired by each and every one of them.

The person who ran the 10, now feels inspired to run the 21. The person who overcame the odds and did the 21. The person who completed his goodness-knows how many gazillionth 42. Each and every one of them had an inspiration to run and i can't help but be inspired by these ordinary people with an 'ordinary' reason to do something extraordinary.

Thank you for your inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment