Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time is Flying...

Third time's not a charm. Not only did I not do a PB 10 days ago for the 42, i was 3 minute slower than what i clocked last year.

But it wasn't an entirely disappointing race as i reached a new threshold of 35km, still feeling fresh and keeping pace. Training picked up well, (but still insufficient in my terms) and i've been running 20kms regularly. Experience also played a part as i was not bothered much about discomfort, blisters and hydration.

I managed to keep time til the 37km mark until the heat and humidity got the better of me and i was walking up the unsheltered and uncompromising ECP next to MBS. Saw many dropping out at the sides during this time and there was very little mental encouragement at that point of time.

I'm also very thankful that the knees held up. With both my knees and ankles taped up, there was surprisingly no ache. Well, at least not until the past 3 days when i've started running again!

All in all, the race went well and i know i've said that this could be my last. But how could i go out with timings slumping with each passing year? Even my triathlon hero, Chris McCormack proved that point. He came back to from 2007 to win the World Ironman Triathlon title in October.

It's a fantastic year for me with many memorable races. Going to end the year off with a bang! Looking forward to a couple of trips and then it's going to be a new year with a great new team, growing new friendships, maturing with the old ones and finding her!



At the meantime, i'll just keep running and chasing that lovely dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment