Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yay!

Wow. I'm so happy that everything just fell into place over the weekend. I'm glad that i enjoyed Sunday's race! It didn't rain, unlike Saturday, so everything went on as planned. I have so much to be thankful for and as a promise, here's everything (and more) that i have to be thankful for,

I got a parking lot at carpark E2. That is the carpark right in front of the transition area. The way i got the lot was nothing short of a miracle too. Knowing how i bombed at last year's race, God surely did not want me to walk too far after the race.

The wait wasn't painful. While waiting for the wave start, Lin (who is doing the PR for OSIM) came by to chat with me. It turned out to be a nice catching up session. She came by to congratulate me when i crossed the finish line so i guess that makes her my number one supporter! She was there at the Ironman tri too.

The race was awesome. I managed to start off well, together with the leaders at the swim leg, and there wasn't the usual jostling and kicking. Well, there was one person who was drafting and kept tickling my toes to my annoyance. But other than that, the swim and most importantly, the bike... was a breeze. I saw people crashing into the sides, others yelling for slower cyclists to keep left, but i had none of that.. i actually moved pretty well!

The run was painful, but at least i managed a good pace throughout.

And to top it off, my twin came by to support me and bring me go eat prawn mee and yummy (green tea) ice cream after the race. It was a really awesome Sunday.

I was really pleased with my timing of 2hr46min. Considering how the final week went by, i couldn't ask for more.

Oh, and i just saw the final results. I finished 23rd. =)

Nice...


(song for my 'soul sister'!)

... happiness. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment