Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back to All Over Again

I may not choose to race, but i know im addicted. I 'forced' myself to take a weeks' break. Total inactivity and feasting on everything and anything.

The belly is bigger, the breathing is harder, and the brain is definitely lazier. No kidding, from training for an Ironman to total inactivity and disregard to the diet. There was a huge change.
And i don't like it.

Even though i'm not down for anymore races for this year, i just can't stand being a slob again. And i already know the climb back is going to be painful. Yes, i started eating fruits for breakfast, stopped drinking coffee and cutting down on the carbs. My body is readjusting to a sugar-low and the 'empty' stomach feeling. I'm gulping water to keep myself full.

Worst part is putting on my running shoes again last night. It was so darn demoralising to be panting after 20minutes. It was slightly over a week ago when i knew i was sprinting for a good 50minutes before pushing myself to go another couple of kilometres. Now, i can barely do half the distance/time.

And what's worst? I could feel my belly jiggling above my running shorts. Like WTH?! To add insult to injury (or obesity), my running singlet shrank.

Oh wait, that's cos my arms are flabby now, my manboobs have gone from a size B to C. Yeah...from size Bad to size Crap.

Damn. Tonight, i'm going to swim. If running was that bad, i dunno what's going to happen when i hit the pool later...


Water Displacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment