Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Goodbye

As i've said before, the Aviva Ironman Triathlon would be the last race for me. Having accomplished an established endurance event like the Ironman 70.3 is an experience i will never forget and that will be with me for the rest of my life.



I've also considered the fact that injury is something i'm concerned about, especially my knees. If my objective is to keep fit, there can be other ways of doing so, and i was toying with the idea of learning a new sport like Muay Thai after i 'retire' from doing my triathlons. And if i keep up my work and training for more races, i will not have the time to pick up new experiences like Muay Thai and perhaps even get the chance to fight in Thailand!

I would also have more free time to pick up diving which most of my friends already have license to do and those dive trips really look fun and chillax! Considering all this, giving up my triathlons seem like the next logical thing to do. I've also finished the Ironman 70.3 on a high and if there's only one way to exit a sport, then that's the way to go.


My Race, my Finish Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment