Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time to beat - 1:22

One hour, twenty-two minutes. 1,500metres of an open water swim and 10kilometres of road running.

A year on, although i do not feel as fit as i was, it is definitely a reasonable timing to beat. I'm getting faster for my training runs, but somehow i don't feel like i'm getting any fitter.

I'm feeling confident that i can improve my timing this Saturday and take it as a small step up to next week's Aviva. Perhaps feeling this comfortable is not fantastic as i don't have the drive or excitement i wish for, but on the other hand, i'm learning to trust in the Lord for an enjoyable race.

That means - not worrying about over-strategizing my pace, worrying about every single morsel of food i put in my mouth and repremanding myself for every missed training session. Especially the last bit.

I admit i'm not as adaquetly prepared as a proper athlete should, but then again, i'm not like the most unprepared too right? It's all about doing it within the right expectations and i'm not going to beat the pros, i just want to complete it safely and soak in every bit of the 1.9km swim, 90km bike, 21km run.

Well, for now, looks like i have to do a run tonight, a run tomorrow morning, a swim tomorrow night and then rest before Saturday's Singapore Biathlon. All that on top of work...oh God.. only by Your Strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment