Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What Next?

Four more days to my next Triathlon. Learning from my earlier race, i'm going slow. Key word for Sunday's race is consistency.

And i feel good, i've been running at least 12k and swimming 3k every alternate day for the past week. I've also been feasting on the carbo-laden food made available in camp and though i feel a tummy coming back, it has undoubtedly given me energy to do my swims and runs.

While i never liked the regimentation of the military, i'm still thankful for my 3-week long reservist. Being unable to buy anything at my whim and fancy, and having all my meals covered means i hardly have any need and time to spend any money at all.

Since i get slots of free time in between my duty, i actually have time to catch up on reading. It feels good to finish a book in 2 days. I'm eager to swallow more!

More importantly, i get to swim and run every alternate day. Or at least i've been disciplined enough to do so. So far, so good. It almost feels like my dream to be a professional athlete. I get to swim and run practically all day long!

In fact, after this post, i'm going to hit the pool (and judging by the weather from inside my room, it looks like i'm going to get a tan) then when the sun is setting, it's time for a long run. And i've found good music to keep me pumped for my runs. I've stumbled upon this from the "9" trailer,

Coheed and Cambria's 'Welcome Home'

So, today shall be the last day of exercise before i rest and prepare for Sunday...

Time to gear up and enjoy the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment