Friday, September 11, 2009

Ready for Race Day

Got the day off from reservist duty to rest before my next Triathlon tomorrow. Tomorrow's race will be abit more exciting - now that i have been armed with proper nutritional advice, apparently i must go below my OSIM timing and do a sub-3hour race.

Honestly, i wasn't counting on doing a faster timing. I was planning to do as slow as i can, enjoy the race and not risk fainting like i almost did the last time.

But i felt assured by my lovely dietician that this was not to be the case, if i take her advice religiously. So i intend to.

I really wasn't expecting it, so i was pleasantly surprised that she got me the necessary supplements (is that what you call it?) to get me through the race.

She patiently instructed me when i should take each supplement (to which i really hope i won't be too overwhelmed during the race to forget) and i couldn't help but to feel assured once again.

Apart from nutrition, i'm still left hanging in terms of race strategy. I'mon my own on this one. Knowing that my swim leg is the strongest, i feel i'm hitting a plateu on my bike and unless i have enough stamina, i'm going to bomb on my run. So my plan is to go a sub 30min for my swim, take my transitions nice and easy. Do a consistent pace for my bike and by the time i get to my run, i should be able to maintain a good pace and hopefully give a final burst at the end.

With that (broad) strategy and a detailed diet that will apparently keep my body well-fuelled throughout the race, a sub-3hour timing now looks plausible.

Thank God for the many undeserved favours granted for this race, i'm going to swim, bike, run with a smile and let Him do the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment