Sunday, March 4, 2012

Perspective

It's all about perspective and the past month has been a real eye-opener for me. Really blessed to have the right people or in this case, a particular friend who's been an important emotional and spiritual guide for me. It's one of those moments when you have the lids taken off your eyes and realise, "how couldn't i have not seen that all along?" 

In short, life's getting so much better and i'm so sure it can only keep going up.

In normal circumstances, i would be complaining about my lack of preparation for the big race in 2 weeks' time. But it's all about perspective and i'll keep doing what i should do and enjoy the journey. Even if i don't do it, there's going to be more oppotunities for me to race in other events. 

At this moment, i'm only clocking 28km runs, 40km bike sessions and 2km swims with a couple of weight sessions in between. Very very far off from being race-reader for a 70.2 ironman race if you ask me. 




Still enjoying the occasional tanning session at the pool. After a goo 2km swim of course.




But yes, it's all a matter of perspective and being emotionally and mentally stronger has helped so much. In racing or training, i've put aside motivation that spurs me to compete with others. There's no point putting myself against other racers, most of who i know are semi-pro and champions.. the only person i'm competing against is myself. And that cannot be any more true. It's that small voice that tells you, it's ok...you can stop. It's that voice of reason, that wisdom of self-preservation, that lazy part of you. It's evil.

And there's power in the spoken word. It may make you look mad, but hey, i tell myself audibly that i won't stop until i am done. i ran today, or i didn't..there's no tomorrow. Just. keep. moving. go. go. go.

Thank God for it all. In everything, He's the first and the last. In pursuing a new (old) career, in relationships, in all my success. Always seeking and putting Him before all else makes everything fall perfectly into place and it has given me the ability to love others better, become a better me.

There's no complains. It's gotten and will continue to get better. Looking forward to the big race in 2 weeks' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment