Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Motivate

There's no secret to it - stagnate and perish. If i don't continue training, i'll backslide. And it's very painful to climb back up to a reasonable fitness level.


Last night's swim was painful. My arms were sore in the middle of the swim, when the aches usually come the next day. So you can imagine my arms, neck and back today at work. Sigh.

You would have thought that after all this training, it should be getting easier. I've accepted the fact that it never will. If it does, that would mean stagnating. Even champions don't remain status quo, you keep going until you can't go on anymore.

I've said before that if i had the choice and more importantly - the talent, to become a professional athlete, i would. I guess it's OK to complain every now and then (training is tiring, so sian, etc) but at the end of it all, it's the passion of 'doing' that will drive me to keep going.

I read in the papers that an Australian runner is planning to run from North to South pole for the Red Cross. It's these little bits that help remind me why i'm risking my knees, wasting my evenings in solitude and spending most of my salary on equipment/events to 'torture' myself.

But just for tonight... i take my motivation from UFC fighter, Tito Ortiz's comeback.



Today is just today. Tomorrow is another matter altogether. Tonight's run is just tonight's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment