Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The way to my heart is through my legs

...sounds wrong, i know. Haha!

I was in a dilemma; Wondering if i should sign up for a half or full marathon this December. But i eventually decided to sign for the latter. How?

Because a girl asked me to.

Hahaha..I guess i better start training so i don't embarass myself.

On a more serious note, I remember the last race i did with a 'friend', it was with you. 31 August 2008. I've done many more races since and it's never been the same without you; seeing your smile, cheering and greeting me along the routes/transitions, pushing me til the finish line. I'll always remember those times.

I've had new good memories since, and i'm thankful for each and every one.

But somehow, the new ones never seem to work out. The feeling just isn't there. The timing just isn't right. Even when everything is perfect, there's always just this little bump that i can't ignore.





So even as i run this 42km..perhaps with someone new.. i'll always carry you as a sweet memory with me, and i know that whoever i will be with next, is nothing less than God's precious gift to me, to care for, nurture and love for the rest of my remaining days.


Dropped off your keys last night,
The front door still unpainted.
You were polite like ice,
I, once could melt it.
You took our pictures down,
And you left them on the ground
Its like you wiped all the memories,
Of what we used to be...
You and me, before it all crashed down.

I heard your voice break, when you said,
"well I hope you're happy".
Nothin' to say, I'll stare, straight into my coffee.
Then the conversation changed,
How we talked around the blame,
And the pain of losing.
All of the good times lost,
When it all crashed down.

Well I'm here if you need me,
I know you don't believe me.
well I'm so sorry,
For all the pain I've caused.

And I know I never told you,
That I love you,
Now its all too late.
And I don't know how to hold you,
But I want to,
I don't want to leave this way.
All I know,
Is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment