Sunday, February 21, 2010

So far so good

My auntie came to Singapore 2 weeks ago. It was really exciting to have her come to Singapore during the lunar new year holiday season. I knew it wasn't going to be easy to keep up the training while having to juggle time and diet; i had (and definitely wanted to) show her around, spend time with her and to eat all the CNY goodies on top of all the glorious Singaporean food she last had 5 years ago.


She's here!

So i decided that with less than 3 weeks to the March/April competition season (OCBC cycle, Singapore Biathlon, Ironman 70.3 and OSIM Triathlon) i really had to do some form of training.

And i'm glad i did. I started waking up at 5.30am to run. I admit it did become a b*tch after the first couple of mornings - really painful to drag yourself out of bed and the inertia to start running is worst than doing it in the evenings.

But if that meant i had most of the evenings after work to be with auntie, it was definitely worth it. Looking back, i still managed to run at least 3 times a week, and burnt only 2 evenings (per week) at the pool.


..the best part, chilling with auntie!

I plan to keep my exercise regime as such - running in the mornings, swimming in the evenings and perhaps i can feed in some gym and cycling (FINALLY!) after work.


i miss you.

So even when it's back to a new, old work week without auntie. i'll keep my body and mind busy with training and fulfiling that resolution to get in better shape. I understand that i'm actually nowhere near optimum training for the kind of races i'm preparing for, as i'm only doing 10-12km runs per training for a half-ironman triathlon, but i'm cool with that. I'm just going to enjoy the races and timing-wise, i guess i'll be fine. I'm praying alot about it, leaving it to Daddy God and He's given me a peace to go ahead with it.

So i'll keep writing my letters to Philippines, praying for her while i run in the quietness at 5.30am and be even more focused than before.

Theres nothing left but to train and have fun racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment