Saturday, November 7, 2009

Snuff the Flame

After a two week hiatus, i finally did a long run - from Boon Keng, i ran to Kallang, then the entire East Coast Park and back. I'm still trying to figure how far i actually ran last night, but based on timing, i've not been able to run continuously for three hours (3:09 tops).

It kinda made me panic abit, knowing that 42km is exactly four weeks from now, i'm still far from my promise to not walk the entire marathon.

A big challenge i'm facing now, from doing these long runs, is after doing one, you don't feel like running for a long time. Sometimes, my body tells me, "you've done a great job! awesome! ...now stop it and let me rest you stupid prick." So sometimes after a good run, i get lazy and not be as disciplined in training. With four weeks left, i'm not sure if there's more i can do.

At the very least, i've finally subscribed to advice of 'eat as much as you can'. I'm not as conscious as i am about my weight/physique anymore; i'm pretty happy with my current 'curves' and since i'm burning more calories now, i can afford the occasional junk food.

But i may have to be alcohol-free from now until race day. So no beer or 'cockblockers' when i meet up with the guys/girls. Thou shalt not succumb to social pressure. Let's see how that goes. So how?

I'm still finding new motivation to get through to 6 December. For now, it's just the thought of my Philippines trip the following day, but i still need something stronger. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment