Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gotta keep running

Life is so much simpler if i just keep running..


Don't have much time left to my 4th full marathon. I'm still clocking 14km during trainings and i've not broken the 30km mark since...last year's race. I've been distracted with a particular personal issue, but i pray that it'll get settled sooner rather than later. Because i don't want it to drag on any further.

But back to racing. I'm very much inclined to sign up for Ironman 70.3 again. I miss every single minute of it - the hours training, the sacrifice, the pain and pleasure during the race itself. And all this just made me miss the friends and a particular someone who was always at my races and supporting me in just about every possible way. I do miss her and sometimes i wonder if i'll ever find someone as supportive as she was to me. Can't help but think i could have been better to her.

Wish life was alot simpler, but i do acknowledge that it's all part of growing up and coming of age. Yes, only one thing is needful, to keep seeking Jesus Christ and all these things will be added onto me. I just pray that i find a way to rid myself of certain negativities. Is it possible to be happy 24/7?

If my body could, running non-stop would do the trick for me. Haha.. 

But for now, it just makes the most sense to distance myself from certain emotions, relationship traps and preserve my heart, mind and soul for just work and training/racing. So help me, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment