Thursday, January 21, 2010

I feel like i've neglected this space. And since this space is a journal (of sorts) to my training, it also means that i've neglected my training as well.

Obviously, i'm not as fired up as i used to be. About a year ago, it was pretty much all bright-eyed about entering the world of multi-sport. Perhaps i've adopted an attitude of been there, done that, so i don't feel the rush of doing them the first time.

This year, i've gotten my competition plan worked out (in chronological order):
- Singapore Biathlon
- OCBC Cycle
- Aviva Ironman
- OSIM Singapore Triathlon
- Stan Chart Marathon

I may take part in some fringe events to help prepare for the above key competitions. But other than the Ironman, i don't feel the hype anymore. It's probably just going to be about doing better times.

I'm certain that my work and personal life (see, i consider them seperate) has added much distraction to my training plans. I'm coping well with my current job that i've been in for coming 3 years now. There's still the fair share of ups and downs, but i'm thankful for being where i am now. Personal life...ahh... that one is tricky.

I've been confidently single for some time now, and for the right reasons, i believe i'm ready to open up and give relationships another try. Been meeting new people, but only to know them as friends. And i'm glad. I'm happy. (At least i have a better social life than just work, run, eat, swim, cycle, sleep)

And I have faith that love is going to come my way again this year. Wait a sec. Now is January. If it happens in December, then i really bang balls lor.

Oh what the heck, what's another 11+ months if it's going to be forever?

Ok, ok..back to training. (See, i told you it's distracting)

So. the plan is to be inspired. 2010, a year of blessed favour & restful increase and God-given peace. My Rest and Hope is to be fitter, look sexier, and have an awesome race.

What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment