Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back on Track

I have to admit that i felt a tinge of disappointment when i didn't do a pb on Sunday's PAssion run. But why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up. Two days on, i'm on my way back on a healthy diet and regular exercise; all for August's OSIM International Triathlon.

After a short rest and dinner after work today, the best way to end the day is with a run. I ran without music today, just focusing on today's daily devotional and hoping to clock below 55 minutes for my usual 8 laps (approx 10k) around my house.

Started off bad. I was in the 'grouchy' mood - my legs felt like lead, my body was falling asleep and don't you experience days when it was more convenient to just sleep, watch tv and say, 'never mind, i can always exercise tomorrow'?

It was one of those days.

But hey, somehow, by God's good graces...


I made it under 55 minutes. By 1 second.

Thank God. It's the little achievements like this that gets me pumped up for more.

3 comments:

  1. Comments Enabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. testing testing.. by the way i must say you are getting pretty good at self-shot-self portraits hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. nola.. i no good at self-shot la... *shyzzz* & *blushzzz*

    ReplyDelete